Days 27-30


June 12-15, 2018
This week I finally got to go inside Qorikancha with one of my classes. I walked by this place every day but never went inside until then. This is one of the biggest and most important landmarks in the city of Cusco. It's really neat because it has so many Catholic characteristics, but so many Incan ones too. When the Spanish came to Cusco, they built on top of this Incan site. Not too many years ago, the Incan ruins were rediscovered but the Cathedral was kept right next to it. Here's some pictures:



The Incan stuff is under those arches


View from Qorikancha

Qorikancha from the outside

On Friday, I got to go with my host dad, Sandro, and my host sister, Gabi, to watch a father's day dance her school was having. Of course, Sandro had Jess and I sit in the front row with him so throughout the show, the hosts kept kind of picking on Jess and I since we were the only Americans there (Yes, lady, we could understand you). Anyway, the program was one of the most adorable things I had seen and Gabi was precious as always. Afterwards, we had to take Gabi to the airport. She and Tania had to go to Lima for a whole week :(

Gabi and I before the dance!

Sandro y Gabi 

Sandro y Gabi
I miss her :(

Random picture from this week of a cool water fountain

Here's the other side. With the, ya know, water.

Comments